When Marnie Was There 4


 Today, I’d like to my favorite scene of “When Marnie Was There.”

The scene is that Anna, the lead role of this story, says to Sandra “Fat pig.” Sandra is just Anna’s neighbor not her friend. When they play cards, Sandra cheats and laughs secretly with another girl. When Anna tries to say something, Sandra interrupts it. And, Sandra says to Anna nastily “Call me what you like. I don’t care! I know what you look like, my road.” So, Anna looks at her scornfully, says “Fat pig” and turns to go out.  

Off course, we should not say bad things about other people, but I felt better when I read this scene. Anna is always trying to be a good girl and not saying what she thinks and wants, so I think it is good for her to say her real feeling even though it is not good words.

Anyway, this story was made into a movie of jiburi “omoide-no-Marnie”(思い出のマーニー). In the movie, “fat pig” is translated into “futoccho-buta(ふとっちょブタ).” I think the translation is nice and funny! 🐷


コメント

  1. Hi, Kana! That's really funny scene. The words "fat pig" is not good word, but in that scene, I feel quite refreshed! lol

    返信削除
  2. People who translated into has a good taste of giving a name of something! That’s funny🤣

    返信削除
  3. I love to watsh jiburi movies because they give us very heart-warmed impressions and lessons.
    After finish to read your blog, I want to read and watch jiburi stories a lot, in fact!!!

    返信削除
  4. Hello, Kana!
    When I read your blog, I also feel better!
    So, I agree with you!

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

High Life, Low Life week5

A Pair of Ghostly Hands 2

Matilda week11